To provide optimal Supply Chain Management practices and systems that result in value driven outcomes and quality health care.
To support Members’ Supply Chain Management needs through a consolidated strategic sourcing model that drives cost efficiencies.
SUPPLY CHAIN COLLABORATION
Northern Supply Chain (NSC) collaboration was established in 2011 to drive cost efficiencies and standardization for health care in the North.
We serve as one of the largest regional shared services programs in the province of Ontario by Members, territory and contract spend served. Our team of professionals has a broad spectrum of experience and education with backgrounds in both public and private sector. We help support the needs of our Members and customers through a wide range of services in all areas of Supply Chain Management. Our goal is to achieve value driven outcomes through innovative, collaborative procurement, which ultimately leads to quality care for our patients and clients.
The NSC was formed with the purpose of creating efficiencies and savings for our Members. This is achieved through the alignment of sourcing activities and the standardization of processes across Northern Ontario and now provincially.
Some of our key objectives include:
- To increase our spend under contract through higher participation rates
- Improve collaborative sourcing and strategic decision making
- To fully embrace contract management and accountability through Supplier Performance Reviews
- Standardize clinical leading supply chain practices to improve patient/client care
- To increase GPO contract participation for off contract spend
- Improve automation at a transactional level and produce a robust set of metrics to drive greater efficiencies and benchmarking against our peers>